How To Prepare Warm Winter Roasted Buckwheat Salad
- 1 cup roasted buckwheat (bought this way)
- 150g fine asparagus or green beans (cut into thirds)
- 250g broccoli
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and grated)
- 2 generous handfuls mild organic salad leaves
- 250g organic cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- Put the buckwheat in 1 ¾ cups hot water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Then remove from the heat and leave covered for 10 minute. Then check if they are the desired consistency (some people like them a little chewy), if you prefer softer leave covered for a little longer, then drain and leave covered.
- Steam the broccoli, asparagus or green beans and sugar snap peas for 10 minutes in a steamer.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a screw-top lid and shake well.
- Water sauté the onion till transparent, next add the tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes, then add the vegetables from the steamer, half the dressing and half the nuts and cook over a medium-low heat for a few minutes.
- Mix with the buckwheat and grated carrot and serve, sprinkled with the remaining nuts.
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh, chopped thyme
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Don’t forget to share this article about how to prepare this healthy Buckwheat Salad with your friends using the social media icons.