How To Prepare Jamaican Chicken Recipe
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 6-8 boneless, skinless, organic chicken thighs (cut into chunks)
• 1 medium onion (peeled and sliced)
• 200g butternut squash (diced)
• 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
• 1 organic red pepper (deseeded and sliced)
• 1 leek (sliced)
• 1 inch fresh root ginger
• 1 clove garlic
• 400g fresh tomatoes (chopped and partly mashed/blended)
• 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
• 60g split lentils
• 350g sweetcorn or peas
• Cayenne pepper
1. Put the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and gently cook
the onion, garlic, carrot, leek, squash and pepper for a few
2. Add the chicken, cayenne, ginger, tomatoes, stock and lentils,
cover and put in a preheated oven, 190 degrees C / 375
degrees F / gas mark 5 for about one hour until the vegetables
are soft and chicken cooked through.
3. Add the sweetcorn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Don’t forget to share this recipe about how to prepare Jamaican Chicken Recipe with your friends using the social media icons.